Blaby District Dementia Action Alliance (BDDAA) are a group of organisations who have come together with the aim of making Blaby District a better place to live for people with dementia and their carers. Blaby District has an increasing ageing population and it is expected that the number of people living with dementia locally is expected to almost double by 2030.
Blaby District Council has been awarded the Dementia Friendly Communities Recognition - working towards a dementia friendly community. This highlights the Council's commitment to help people and their carers to live well with Dementia.
Blaby District Dementia Action Alliance and Hinckley & Bosworth Dementia Action Alliance are currently running a public consultation around Dementia Friendly Communities.
- We want to here from people living with dementia, their carers, friends and family about their experiences.
- We want to find out what people with memory problems do in your area, what facilities they use, and what helps or hinders them.
- We want to find out more about what makes places easier to live for people with memory problems.
Please click on the link below and complete our short survey
Anyone with an interest and commitment to improving the quality of life for people with dementia and their carers can join Blaby District Dementia Action Alliance. We welcome new members from local businesses, public sector bodies and the voluntary and community sector. Making just a few simple changes in your business or organisation can make a big difference to someone with dementia.
We can also offer to deliver Dementia Information Sessions to your organisation these are a 45 minute session for employees intrested in becoming a Dementia Friend.
To register your interest contact Samantha Clarke on 0116 272 7544 or email email@example.com
- Tuesday 13th March 2018 2.00-4.00pm
- Tuesday 19th June 2018 2.00-4.00pm
- Tuesday 4th September 2018 2.00-4.00pm
- Tuesday 4th December 2018 2.00-4.00pm
All meetings are held at The Pavilion Leisure Centre, Sportsfield Lane, Huncote, LE9 3BN.
If you would like to attend the DAA meetings please contact Samantha Clarke on 0116 272 7544 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Singing for the Brain (PDF, 194 Kb)
First Wednesday of each month
Blaby Social Centre
- Books on Prescription - Dementia (PDF, 493 Kb)
Reading Well books about dementia that you may find useful if you have dementia and or caring for someone with dementia or want to find out more. Visit or contact your local library regarding stock of these books.
- Dementia tool kit
Visual planners and carers cards - order your free resource pack
- DEEP Guide - Dementia Words Matter
Guidelines on language about dementia
- DEEP guide - writing dementia-friendly information