Turning Point Leicester and Leicestershire is the integrated substance misuse service for the county, city and prison
About our service
We work with anyone who is affected by drugs or alcohol and wants support to make change. We offer a variety of treatment options and will support you to find the right treatment for you.
Turning Point Leicester and Leicestershire have service hubs in Leicester city, Coalville and Loughborough as well as lots of satellite services.
Who we can support
Each of our hubs provides a full range of services and is open to all service users. We run services for adults, families and young people.
Regardless of your age, we have a service which will meet your needs. For young people up to 24, the dedicated youth team will work one to one with you in any location that is suitable.
The team across Leicester and Leicestershire includes doctors, nurses, recovery workers, support workers, peer mentor volunteers, and trainers. There are lots of different people who can offer their support, knowledge and encouragement to help you achieve your recovery.
Our services include:-
- Support help and guidance for anyone affected by their own or someone else's drug or alcohol use
- A full and comprehensive assessment to help you determine your treatment goals
- Treatment to suit your needs
- One to one sessions to discuss your use, look at triggers, learn new ways to cope and work out what you want from your recovery journey
- Detoxification and rehabilitation – we can explain the processes and support you in the community, in hospital or support you into residential detoxification and rehabilitation if this is something you feel you require
- Sign posting and support to access other services such as housing or debt management
- Prescribing services
- Harm reduction services including needle exchange and specialist needle exchange for performance enhancing drugs
- Support for pregnant woman who are using drugs or alcohol
- Outreach services
- SMART recovery groups
- Information and signposting to AA and NA
- Opportunities to volunteer
Contact us on 0330 303 6000 or email LLreferrals@turning-point.co.uk
Last Orders Project
Commissioned by Turning Point
The Last Orders Project will be raising awareness of the problems associated with drinking alcohol and other forms of substance misuse to people over the age of 50 across Leicester City, County and Rutland.
Age UK Leicester Shire & Rutland will be delivering workshops and interactive presentations to promote the importance of safe drinking so that it can be enjoyed safely and responsibly.
The Last Orders Project will give older people easier access to a wide range of information that will enable them to understand the need for safer drinking. We will promote wellbeing and prevention initiatives aimed at individuals, who may be at risk of developing drinking problems.
Information will also be given about the possible contradictions of drinking when taking medication as well as the dangers of other substance misuse.
How can I access this service?
If you are worried about your own or another person's alcohol or substance intake please call:-
0116 223 7366
If you would like more information on the Last Orders Project or would like to book a workshop or presentation for your organisation, please use the contact telephone number provided or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last orders project (PDF, 1.6 Mb)
Leicestershire's new stop smoking service – QuitReady Leicestershire
The new stop smoking service for Leicestershire County, Quit Ready Leicestershire, was launched on Tuesday 3 January 2017.
Quit Ready Leicestershire will see the introduction of a telephone-based quit line, supported by a range of online resources. The service will be offering behaviour support through telephone, text, web chat and live chat. Face to face appointments will be available to people with mental ill health, pregnant women and vulnerable groups.
The service will be an e-cig/vaping friendly service and will encourage e-cig users to contact the service, where they will receive behavioural support and advice. The new service is evidence-based and will support smokers in the way that they want to be supported.
Stop smoking advisors will be available Mondays to Fridays (9am to 7pm) and Saturdays (10am - 2pm) by:-
Phone 0345 646 66 66.