This area has been designed to support our local GPs and other health professionals help their patients (our residents) to access local health and community services that may be of benefit.
We have produced a health services booklet detailed below which contains the wide range of services available. Please click on the links below to access information about services under the Blaby District Staying Healthy Partnership's three key health & wellbeing priorities:
First Contact Plus
First Contact Plus is designed to improve health and wellbeing locally by facilitating access to advice, information, assessment and appropriate support through a single point of contact. First Contact Plus saves you time, by organising referrals for you, and ensures residents of Leicestershire get all the support available, enabling them to live safely and independently.
How does First Contact Plus work?
If you find yourself working with someone aged 16+ , you can offer to complete a simple checklist, to find out if that person needs any additional support (other than that which you are providing) - this may include:
- Help managing their finances and benefits
- Practical help around the home – anything from gardening to personal support
- Smoke alarms/home fire safety checks
- Support with antisocial behavior/hate crime
- Assistive Technology (e.g. Lifelines)
- Information about local groups, social activities, home library services and adult learning
- Health Improvement
The First Contact Plus team will then contact the customer to provide information and, where appropriate, referrals to relevant organisations.
The checklist can be accessed electronically through Systmone & Prism systems. The checklist below can also be printed and forwarded to the First Contact Plus team
Exercise Referral Scheme
Falls Prevention Programme
Steady Steps is the new FREE rejuvenating exercise programme helping to develop strength and balance.
Criteria for patients:-
- Over 65
- At the risk of falling or previous falls
- No more than 3 falls in the past 12 months.
Please signpost to the local classes below.