Staying active in Blaby District
Physical inactivity is linked with a growing number of health problems. Overwhelming evidence outlines importance of taking part in regular physical activity to improve or maintain your health & wellbeing.
Physical activities are those that involve movement, raise your heart rate and make you warmer. Activities might include anything from walking, jogging, exercise classes or going to the gym, playing sports, gardening or even completing household chores.
Taking regular physical activity can decrease your risk of developing the following health problems:
- Coronary heart disease (CHD)
- Type 2 diabetes
- Some cancers
- Mental health problems e.g. depression, anxiety and low self-esteem
(Department of Health (DOH), 2011)
If you are currently INACTIVE you can ask your GP or health professional to refer you onto our Exercise Referral Scheme
Your Physical Activity Level
Be Healthy Walk Local
Walking is a great and FREE way of exercising. Want to walk but don't know where to start? Our local parks have some of the most beautiful scenery across the County. Download the flyers below or come and join us on our led walk in Stoney Stanton or at A Place To Grow, Enderby.
- P0856 Blaby Walks bouskell park (PDF, 1 Mb)
- P0856 Blaby Walks crow mills (PDF, 479 Kb)
- P0856 Blaby Walks Fosse Meadows (PDF, 564 Kb)
- P0856 Blaby Walks Glen Parva (PDF, 491 Kb)
- P0856 Blaby Walks Jubilee Park (PDF, 737 Kb)
- P0856 Blaby Walks osiers (PDF, 469 Kb)
- P0856 Blaby Walks whetstone way (PDF, 750 Kb)
- P0856 Blaby Walks Whistle Way (PDF, 1 Mb)